<

July 9, 2007

Just a spoon full of sugar...

What a great party ice breaker.

This was such a great way to get a fine evening started. We were all given cardboard squares, provide with a variety of artistic mediums and instructed to draw our faces. Once the squares were completed holes were poked into the top and bottoms of each square and then hung together by using paper clips. It was art created by the people, for the people and it was very cool.


Okay, just a few tidbits to mull over on a Monday morning. I’m still exhausted from the emotional roller coaster that was Live Earth. Who amongst you was not moved by the finale involving The Police, who due to infighting among the band members would not come together, even to raise uplifted hands at the end of their set. Was there anyone not completely blown away at the brilliance of harmonies offered up by Kanye West during the band’s performance of Message in a Bottle? Who will ever forget his melodic and mindless stream of, “yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, mes-sage in a bot-tle. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.” As he stood ginning manically at Sting as if he’d just made poopie in his Pampers. I was moved to tears... If the band members couldn’t even come together for the cause what do think the audience’s chances are?

If you think you’re upset now by the commutation of Scooter Libby’s jail sentence let me give you something to mull over. Do you remember the name Mark Foley? The cheeky little monkey who liked to eat ice cream with underage male congressional pages? Funny how he’s disappeared since entering rehab, don’t you agree? Do you think King George W. believes that Mr. Foley has served his country for a long time and that jail time would be excessive punishment for him too?

I have the feeling that as the final hours of the Bush Regime wind down the American public is going to be amazed by not only the number of pardons issued but also by the individuals receiving them. Scooter Libbey is just the tip of the slimy iceberg.


So, two republicans walk into a bar. The bartender gives them the once over and then says, “Sorry, we don’t serve your kind here.”

One of the republicans looks forlornly at the bartender and says, “Pardon me?”

I was downloading some music off of the Internet last night and doing my part to save the planet when I came across this country western song, “I beg your pardon, now will you deliver it in the rose garden.?”

One last one, I swear... This is for my new P.T. Cruiser club friends.


What is the difference between George W. Bush and my P.T. Cruiser?

ANS: My P.T. Cruiser does not smell like incompetent ass!


Cool kids at a very groovy vegan gathering.


Last but not least, thank you Amanda for inviting me to your and your housemates dinner party last night. Jen, the vegan dishes were truly delicious! The idea of having all the guests do the drawings was very cool. Indigo and Cindy, thanks for the great conversation. Lisa, I hope you survived...


Our friend, Amanda. She and her friends are very cool.

Okay, one more...

What is the difference between my penis and George W. Bush?

ANS: Nothing at all, they’re both really big dicks! He-He...


14 Comments:

Blogger DirkStar said...

I just saw that George W. Bush is apologizing for the furor over his commutation of Scooter Libbey's jail sentence.

He claims it was all just a misunderstanding; says Mr. Bush, "I just thought it meant he would be driving to jail on the weekends."

Doh!

July 09, 2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

I've not noticed any major piercings on GWB. So there is that one difference between your *ahem* and Mr. Ush-bay.

July 09, 2007 1:29 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

craig - You promised you wouldn't tell anyone what you'd seen!

Is there no one who does not kiss and tell?

He-he...

July 09, 2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

It's truly mystifying to an outsider when groups that MAKE SUCCESSFUL MUSIC TOGETHER break up because they can't get along--like The Police, The Beatles, and Sam & Dave, Waylon Jennings & Tompaul Glazer, etc.

Or especially The Brothers Johnson--I mean, c'mon, now; they were BROTHERS. Not just SOUL BROTHERS, but BROTHERS BROTHERS.

However, when you get my age, you can look back and find at least THREE RIGHTEOUS PRICKS that you were HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL WITH, but would not share a hotel room with again if it meant you could be king of the world.

Why should it be any different for muscicians?

###

I don't want to get started on Scooter, but 2.5 years for a bullshit "obstruction" charge when the target crime did not exist is pretty harsh. I mean, I think I could convice the most ardent Democrat of that.

Look at it this way--what if one of your friends was wanted for murder. You put him up in the crib for three days, while there was a felony warrant for him.

One month later, the real murderer confesses. You are sentenced to 2.5 years.

Same thing.

In Scooter's case, his license to practice his life's work is also jeopardized. Then there's the 250K he won't get back, plus legal bills.

July 09, 2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

Hmmmm... This is getting into some strange territory here.

I did see a bumper sticker (in Virginia! Although granted it IS the D.C. suburbs) that read, "My dick would make a better vice president."

I love The Police, esp. "King of Pain." That's one of my favorite songs. But I didn't realize there was so much animosity betwixt them. What happened?

Oh, re. the Live Earth concerts, what exactly happened in Antarctica? I mean, who performed there? And where?

Lastly, I really kinda doubt Bush will pardon Mark Foley. Foley was never part of the BushCo mafia's inner cabal. There is no issue of loyalty and nothing to be gained from it. Rather, because of the fact he is a homo, there is only downside for Bush vis-a-vis the fundie religious right who still think he's Jesus Christ.

You did see the link on my blog to the "Bush Countdown Clock" -- days until his malaprop regime is over on Jan. 20, 2009. I think we're at 560 days to go.

July 09, 2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger notfearingchange said...

What a GREAT idea with the drawings! Nice.

July 09, 2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I was really bummed by the way Live Earth ended. I thought Roger Waters sucked and then the Police followed him with a really less than enthusiastic performance. Not to mention that ass clown Kanye acting like some kid who rushed the stage from the crowd and was jumping around say "Hey mom! Look at me, I'm on TV!"

Bush has to pardon all the criminals in his administration otherwise they wouldn't legally be allowed to work in a future republican administration. Being convicted of a federal crime means you can raise money or donate money to or work for any campaign either. So, he has to pardon them or there won't be anybody left to work for future Republicans.

July 09, 2007 5:53 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Love the jokes!

July 09, 2007 7:13 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

The picture thing sounded cool, but ice breakers always scare me when I have to do them. I always get the urge to leave the room and have at times.

July 10, 2007 10:29 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I am in awe and love with your social circle. Not only are you all reusing cardboard but becoming communally engaged in creation. If I get myself some more local friends I will definitely do this. My boys would love it. I didn't see Live Earth, hmmm hypocritical of me, I don't know. When the cameras showed the audience I became disinterested. I want to see more diversity in the audience at an event designed to increase awareness should include all races and classes in the live audiences. Why couldn't a large amount of tickets be reserved for low income, active peoples throughout the world? In my eyes Live Earth could have been used to awaken all of the audience, building an international movement. We for whatever reason need artivists who through music, poetry and art to clear the shit out of our eyes. This stunk of commercial, shiny, all for the money event. Yea, the movement needs money but from whom? I got into an argument once regarding if I was networking and I was offered support or advice from a person with whom I didn't agree with morally. I said no. Funding leaves the mark of the hand that gave it. Since I saw 10 minutes of the show I haven't read the numerous email newsletters or articles in my feed. {BTW feedburner, I have missed so much, I mainly use my feed reader to catch up with blogs and news. Burn the feed man, Please!} regarding Live Earth so I don't know anything about the funding but I am sure a large amount was donated by corporate conglomerates and not a team of local venders. The conglomerates are not changing their operations fast enough and spending a lot of resources working the old P.R. machine. I've seen the Green Movement aligned with Bush as a way for government to control industry for the sake of doing it. The Hip Green Movement maybe but not the more logical sustainable movement. About the Bushes administration...It is a God awful shame that this country is perceiving the present as if it already occured and now in the History Books. With the advent of instant access to information something that happened three years ago is ignored. Bushes legacy will end the world as we know it. Someone, but who, needs the balls to put them up against the wall, hooked up to lie detectors and broadcast worldwide. The awful thing is that the questions can consist of single simple sentences. Then we will see what happens.
Dirk's back or I am. Feedburner, now please, or at least an email digest?
Much love to all, especially my little man.

July 10, 2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger AfKaP said...

Love the picture thing.

Zen you'll never convince me. If party affiliations had been reversed the Re-Pubs would have tried the Libby person for treason (revealing agents during war time) 5 years in a serious prison would be more like it in my opinion.

July 10, 2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger DNR said...

Your jokes are quote funny and the one you posted on my blog... OMG that was too funny!!! Thanks for the late night laugh!!

July 10, 2007 11:42 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

GWB Sometimes the words escape me I need your email address.

July 11, 2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Well,I came on here to make a comment on the really cool art work you all cranked out at the party but Craig's comment got me a bit rattled. I think I need a cigarette and a cool drink...brb. lol
You know that when the day comes to meet your maker that half the people will be looking into your coffin and saying "Did you know he had his ahem pierced?" And,there may even be a few people who might try to sneak a peek. WHAT?? I didn't say ME! Not me!!! I'm just saying! You know. Ahh,never mind!

July 11, 2007 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger