<

July 7, 2007

Live Mirth, 2007 (Seven blogs on seven continents)

One nation, One people, One earth.


Well, I have to admit that this concert has me a lot more jazzed about saving the planet than I would have believed possible. I’ve even learned a few things as the day has progressed.

That’s right; I’ve learned for instance that the only thing shakier than Sharkira’s booty is her vocals. I was a bit dismayed to learn how just how badly swelled John Legend’s head has become with a small taste of success when he tried to steal Corrine Bailey Rae’s thunder and only succeeded in crapping up what could have been a nice duet.

Thanks to all of the signs in the audience I learned that the Amazon needs saving. Before today I never even knew she was in danger.

T K Tungsten taught me how shallow and vacuous many of today’s performers truly are when the only eco-tip she could think of to offer her fans was, “to eat more soil or something.” Duh...

In all seriousness though, there are some important bits of information I’ve come away with today. There are indeed significant changes I can make in my life to help ease my carbon footprint upon the eco-sands of the planet. As of today I am pledging to implement the following changes into the production of my blog.


My Pledge

1. From this day forward this blog is completely vegan. That’s right! The only animals used in the production of this website will be the cat I use to mix up the natural pigments to produce the colors of my background graphics.

2. No petroleum products or fossil fuels of any kind will be used in the production of my blog. From now on it is all solar and the illumination you'll see here will be all generated by L.E.D. and florescent light bulbs.

3. All of my posts will now be entirely written using recycled megabytes and all natural corn based compositions easily broken down by the environment.

4. Last but not least. I am asking that each one of you join me in my eco-friendly venture and to please compost these pages when you are finished reading them.


If we all come together we can make a difference. Thanks to Al Gore, an incontinent truth has been brought to the awareness of all the people in the world, (with the possible exception of Reverend Al Sharpton), and we must respond to this global threat before our children inherit only a sandbox planet incapable of sustaining a civilized industrial society. Its not too late people if we all act now.


Live Mirth update: Worst eco-tip of the day goes to Ben Affleck who encouraged us to purchase our songs online instead of buying C.D.s that use a lot of petroleum being trucked back and forth across the country. Think about it...

Live Mirth update: It has been sad to see so much good music being played upon so many venues around the globe and every time we get to the American stage it has been rapper after rapper after rapper. Everybody say, "Lame..."

Live Mirth update: Is it really music when all you have on stage is a sound box? One of my friends just asked me if Germans really like rap music after a performance by Snoop Dog. I said," sure they do, it reminds them of old Hitler speeches."

Live Mirth update: Has anyone else noticed the use of recycled music? This is not a one hundred percent live concert event after all. We've been watching since the show started this morning and they are playing clips we've already seen.

Live Mirth update: The tires on the stages are recycled and painted. Where are they going after the stages are torn down? I'm hoping they will be up for sale on Ebay so I can hang one in the living room as a memorial to this historic event.

Live Mirth update: How many of the kids in the audience do you really think are going to participate in the Green Movement after the concert is over? Will it be as many who went to the polls after attending similar concerts during the days leading up to the election?

Live Mirth update: God bless Melissa Etheridge who just laid truth to the bone and gave one of the most inspired performances I've ever witnessed in my entire life. After a seemingly endless parade of daisy-duke-short wearing wiggly jiggly bimbos singing their same old tired songs of sexual promiscuity someone finally came through and sent the message out loud and clear.

Like Melissa encouraged each one of us to do.

Are you awake now?

Do you get it now?


Then get your heads out of your asses and do something!


God bless Melissa Etheridge for speaking the truth when all the young performers have done all day long is shake their booty and party like it don't really matter.

Eddy is not kidding, folks. Why do you think I do this?

It is because I believe in the power of one voice and I do believe in making a difference. For the love of God, our very democracy is in danger and the forces of evil are catapulting us into the abyss of doom for a lousy handful of silver and gold coins.

If we simply sit by and do nothing, for whatever lame excuses we offer in defense of our complacency, then we are just as guilty of their crimes against humanity as if we were committing them ourselves.

Thank you Melissa Etheridge for speaking out the truth. Thank you for giving this concert its one shining moment.

By the way Mr. Sharpton, did you hear what a real spirit filled speaker sounds like? Compared to the message Melissa delivered you are nothing more than a jangling bell; loud as hell but lacking any clear or valid message.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Love it! I think these concerts are really hokey. Live Aid (back in the 1980s) raised $285 million for poverty in Africa. Hardly any of the money went to the people it was supposed to help, and poverty has only gotten worse since then.

I like Al Gore, I think he's a good guy. But I think he got talked into this. It would be interesting to see how much energy was used up today, putting these concerts on all over the world. They should have just sent out a communication campaign asking everyone to turn off all electricity for one day, don't drive their cars, don't buy anything, don't consume bottled water or beverages, or use plastic bags or disposable diapers, don't use computers, stereos, etc. Just for one day, all over the world, live like people lived 100 years ago. That would have made more sense, and people might even have been made more aware of what they should be doing. Instead, every television in the world is turned on to watch a bunch of hokey, half-baked concerts. It doesn't make sense to me.

Now, ask me what I really think. :-)

July 07, 2007 4:53 PM  
Blogger Scary Monster said...

How come we can't see pictures of the venues after the show? Me be looking for them because iffin ya ever went to one of these shindigs you'll know there be massive amounts of garbage left behind. Me wonders iffin they will recycle all the paper, bots bottles, lighters, roach clips and used condoms they find?

STOMP.

P.S. I kinda figured that your profile would read the way it did. Have you ever read 'Still Life with Woodpecker'? Me liked it better than Jitterbug.
StomP x 2

July 07, 2007 8:15 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

I didn't even watch it. My reason is it is a farce. It is a joke and an insult.

How much energy was wasted putting on that show? How much electricity was used? I could like to know the "carbon footprint' of that shindig.

I also resent the message young performers are sending. I do not and will not listen to rap music.

Do not even get me started on the Reverend or Al Gore. I am nursing a toothache and I am crabby as hell. When I feel like this, you don't want to know what I am thinking. I will say this, Al Sharpton is just a political hypocrite who whores himself in front of the media. Are people aware of the crimes he has committed and/or supported? Al Gore is a hypocrite. I have not seen, heard, or read what he has done, personally, to help the environment. I am sorry, he did buy his son a Prius.

I just know that if modern technology suddenly disappears and we had to live by our wits we would have a sudden and major reduction in the population. We are heading in that direction. I am now going to take two painkillers and try to go to bed.

July 08, 2007 2:51 AM  
Blogger Lester Hunt said...

Thanks much for putting in those hours watching the concert and then writing up your excellent report. It was like being there -- only probably much better (because not boring!).

July 08, 2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

My Boston boy is right however. I said the same thing. He must have read my Modern Musings;} I love Melissa Etheridge and her song Wake Up. It gets you. If you listen it gently cracks the shell and brings potential to glorious birth.

All caught up for now.

Feedburner, please.

Much love

July 10, 2007 11:51 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I have to thank you again for introducing me to Corrine. I found this great video of her live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2WVoqHXWGU
So sensually sweet. She has a great talent and innocent heart.

July 10, 2007 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger