<

November 30, 2006

Lord of the Blog!

A celebration of love.

Announcer: Give a warm welcome to one of Hollywood's great film makers, Stephen Spielberg!

Thank you ladies and gentleman of the Academy for the huge turnout this evening. Before we reach the finale of tonight’s festivities and announce the winner of this afternoons “Blog of the Day Award” I’d like to take a couple of moments to say a few words about a special man.

Now, I’ve been in the blogging industry for many years. I’ve seen them come and I’ve seen them go; I believe I can safely say that rarely does a presence come along that blazes across the heavens of cyberspace as strongly as the legend we've all come to know and love as, the Dirk_Star.

I remember the first day he entered the blogosphere. He was young, brash and cocky. He was rough around the edges and yet, there was something about his style that caught my eye. He was funny. He always seemed to lift up the spirits of those who blogged around him. He made posting fun again. I knew it was a gift that few are born with and that's why I took him under my wing.

Over the next several weeks, Dirk_Star was like a mosquito buzzing around my head. His questions were unending. Is this, should I, can I, what if... There were days I just wanted to swat the insect and be done with his never ending silliness. Then, as the genius of this jovial philosopher unfolded before my eyes I couldn't help but lend whatever support I could to his endeavors. As we all know only too well, he makes us laugh. He deserves this award. So with out further delay, please welcome warmly, Mr. Dirk_Star!


Applause!


Announcer: Unfortunately, pressing business at Mrs. Wong's All Night Sake and Massage Palace has prevented Mr. Dirk_Star from being here with us this evening. Accepting the award on his behalf is the enchanting star of screen and cinema, the talented, the lovely, the "Sweet Tea of late night" herself, Mrs. Meander.



Muted Applause...




Ms. Meander!

Thank you all so very much for the warm welcome. Mr. Dirk_Star is very disappointed that he couldn't be here in person tonight to accept this very important award. He wanted me to let everyone know that this one is special because it is about the children. They are the backbone of this Blog, often toiling countless hours into the night to keep this site up and running. Working for little to no pay and often having nowhere to sleep save for the cots located in the backroom of the sweat shop...

Sound of orchestra coming up in the background...

Cut to commercial featuring stay free maxi pads.


Thank you ladies and gentlemen; you've been a lovely audience!

Goodnight everybody!




Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Sorry. I thought you were handing out free maxi pads.

Oh well, back to the candy pull.

November 30, 2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Yes, it was such a lovely evening - until Sigmund learned you were at Mrs. Wong's, and then there was no end to his questions. (Gnomes are so curious). Luckily, with the appearance of the lovely Ms. Meander, he ceased to care anything about where you had gone. (Gnomes are so horny).

November 30, 2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger Citymouse said...

eekkk not another award show.

November 30, 2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Well that certainly was a great moment in blogging history. I was afraid you were going to get up there and do soething embarrassing during your acceptance speach like go "Mel Gibson or Michael Richards" on the crowd. Luckily you were getting a happy ending at the massage parlor and sent Meander up there to cover for you and a little class to the evening. Good move on your part.

November 30, 2006 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award and I hope you enjoyed your "massage". I do have a question though, Why are you calling us Mud Sharks for commenting on your blog? Has all this fame gone to your head? I thought you were better than that. Now you are going to start calling us little people aren't you.

November 30, 2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Max and Me said...

i didn't think you could do it but i am smiling. i have not smiled all day.

seriously...thank you for just...being you.

November 30, 2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I think I saw Drew Barrymore in that same dress....wait till the Fashion Police get ahold of this!

(Aquaman and I are STRAIGHT, so we don't care what women wear--we just want to get them out of it...)

November 30, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

picks up her remote... sets it to mute!

;-)

decides she may need a massage or some sake.

November 30, 2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Bookeboy said...

Hello,

When I have little or nothing personal or original to add to bloglife I post a quote from someone far better qualified to speak. As you can see by my blog I have few thoughts of my own.

You, however, are far more fortunate.

John

November 30, 2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger Cinderella said...

Cake? Mmmmmmmm!!! Yeah, why are you calling us mud sharks?? As If!

*Insulted Look*

Ok, I am over it...

=P

P.S. Your word verification isn't showing up, so I had to try three times to leave a comment. I deserve that cake, In fact I deserve the whole thing for my efforts!

November 30, 2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

Another very funny gem of an entry. Do you do any other writing? I mean, like for a comedian stand up routine or something?

Wouldn't it be a mini-pad? And don't forget there would be about 6 ads for assorted drugs for everything from erectile dysfunction to osteoporosis ...

Oh, yes, NEVER, EVER, EVER forget the children. Kathie Lee hasn't. So don't you DARE say she doesn't care about those children or you'll be hearing from her lawyer.

Cut to commercial.

November 30, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Max and Me said...

i was thinking...you are so popular here on blogger. i bet you would get a hundred comments on this site. www.gather.com. i have a name space there under synchronicity m. look me up! plus...you get either gift certificates or money for writing there. just as a warning people can be brutal there. you might get a sound verbal beating for your political views but i think you could definitely stand up to it.

November 30, 2006 6:07 PM  
Blogger Cinderella said...

Ok, you are off the hook, now and for anything in the future you might or might not do!!

I think I have a crush..

It must be your hair =P

November 30, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Freak outs!!! Praise The Lord of the BLOG!!!

November 30, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

The after party was the best....

November 30, 2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Ripple said...

I don't get it. Did you win a prize?

November 30, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Joseph aka SackJo22 said...

Do you have any extra children who could help me out with my blog? So much blogging to do and so little time. . .

By the way, thank you for visiting "It's All About Being Loved" and commenting. And congrats.

December 01, 2006 12:55 AM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Ring-a-ling!

December 01, 2006 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger