<

January 7, 2008

Are you ready for some football?


Man, these rules are complicated.


Tonight is the National Championship game between the Ohio State Buckeyes and the L.S.U. Tigers. I’m not really all that concerned with who wins or loses the contest; after all it is just a game. As long as the event is played cleanly and with a spirit of fair play I’ll be content. I just enjoy watching athletic college kids playing a healthy Christian game of tackle football.

I of course will not be indulging in any alcoholic beverages as I believe this would set a bad example for the younger bloggers who look up to me as an example of decency and all that is good in the world today. I strongly encourage everyone who is not as disciplined as myself to plan ahead and provide a designated driver. Remember; driving with beer in your head is a good way to wind up dead.

(Yes, the preceding was a public service announcement.)

I know that anyone leaving a comment today will do so in a fair and impartial manner. Any non-bipartisan comments favoring one side over the other are strongly discouraged. Although not so strongly discouraged as to injure anyone’s feelings. Let’s all just root for no one to get injured and for the game to be unmarred by unruly acts of unsportsmanlike like behavior. Please, can’t we all just get along?

Remember; it’s not whether you win or lose that matters, it’s how you play the game. Let’s all just try to enjoy the festivities without any emotional turmoil. It could be a real learning experience for the children, and after all, aren’t they what its really all about?




As I wrap up today’s post I thought I’d add a new feature. Everyone seems to cover the Market on a daily basis only. Yesterday’s closing numbers disappear faster than Britney’s kids after a custody hearing. Each day I’ll post the closing numbers of the previous day’s Market and we can all watch the fun on a long term basis.

Friday’s Market Numbers

DOW -256.54

NASDAQ -98.03

S&P -35.53



11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a person who has learned to enjoy football (as opposed to folks who seem innately enamored with the game) I appreciate your non-competitive remarks A LOT. Generally a football game is only enjoyable to me when it is played with good sportsmanship.

January 07, 2008 8:40 AM  
Blogger You can Call me AL said...

GO OHIO !!!!
Remember; it’s not whether you win or lose that matters, it’s how you play the game.
Why have a scoreboard?

January 07, 2008 9:33 AM  
Blogger Aileen said...

And on the 8th day God created the Ohio State Buckeyes! And it was good.

January 07, 2008 1:00 PM  
Blogger Leighann said...

Thanks for stopping by today, hope to see you around!

I'm loving your blog, I might have to make you my new regular thing!

January 07, 2008 2:32 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

ROFL Have a good time with the football game. Considering I'm not a football fan, I couldn't care less. *grin*

January 07, 2008 2:49 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

Football, have no clue on the sport. Never watch it.

The Market - I think we all need to be watching the price of gold and buy low. Purchase several cans of coffee and use the empty cans to burying your gold in.

Happy Football day!

January 07, 2008 2:57 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

As a louisiana resident I think that you didn't have to put LSU in small caps

January 07, 2008 6:56 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

cdell - Oh my gosh!

Dude, it was just an honest typo.

January 07, 2008 8:18 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

LSU does not look ready to play.

Ohio St. is off to a really fast start. Looks like OSU might get some payback.

Remember what Darren McFadden did to LSU. OSU is looking to do the same thing PLUS they have a passing game.

January 07, 2008 8:39 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Love the Gatlinberg pictures! Isn't it just a wonderful place?? Even nicer is the neon strip over in Pigeon Forge! And did you get to go to Dollywood???? I first saw Regarding Henry (Harrison Ford) in Gatlinberg on vacation because in Pigeon Forge, one goes to the movies!!! (I did sneak a few peaks into some genuine antique shops -- and a few tourist traps too!!) Oh, there is good food to be found if you look for it sans neon lights.

Football?? Uh...well...Ohio...Uh...LSU...Uh. Yah! i think...

January 07, 2008 10:17 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Well, here we go again. The ass-kicking is on.

Six - SIX!! - Personal foul penalties against the Buckeyes.

January 07, 2008 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger