<

December 30, 2007

2007 Eddie Award Winners

2007 Eddie Awards


Winners may click on the Eddie Award at the top of the page and collect the code for your award. Simply copy the HTML code then paste it in your page or sidebar and the Eddie will be there for all the world to see.


Welcome to the second annual Eddie Awards presentation.


As the year 2007 draws to an end I again wanted to acknowledge a few of the blogs that I believe surpass the normal standard. Some of the awards are based on content while others are based upon the characteristics of the people who post the blog.


My first award goes to Rookie of the Year-Aileen. The "Horch Family Blog" is a wonderful example of free thinking and even freer writing. You never know what you'll find at the Horch Family Blog and I always get a kick out of reading whatever Aileen is talking about on any given day. I've had the great joy of meeting Aileen and her family and let me tell you they are a wonderful group of folks. Check out her blog. Its a hoot!

Congratulations!


My second award again goes to Best Travel Blog of the Year-Little House on Wheels. There are no greater people on the face of the earth than Pepper and her mother. Felicia I had the pleasure of spending one of the best weeks of our entire year journeying along the roads of Ohio with these two delightful women. Felicia and I will never forget these two incredible souls and if they are ever in our area again we will never forgive them if they don't come visiting. This continues to be a inspiring story that will truly enrich the daily reading of us all.

Congratulations!


My next award goes to Most Inspirational Blog of the Year-Meander. What hasn't this girl endured? On top of all the other challenges life has tossed her way this was the year she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. What I find most inspirational about this woman is the way she deals with each and every new day. Whether in a good mood or bad you can be sure that each is faced with verve and passion. Meander lives in the moment and speaks of her life with honesty and integrity. I admire her because she does not waste precious moments trying to answer the unanswerable question, why. Life isn't about why, it is about how. Why things happen isn't as important as how we live the moments we are granted. Do we waste the wonder of our daily lives constantly dredging up the past and sobbing why or do we accept the reality of each moment and live it as best we can? Meander lets me know it is ok to have both good and bad days. I don't have to know why, I just have to live as best I can.

Congratulations!


My next award goes to Best New Voice of the Year-Wizened Wizard. Last year I awarded this blog for being the best nature blog of the year. I loved her photographs and marveled at her photographic skills. This year I have marveled at the way her writing voice has come alive. I may not always agree with her views, but I have become increasingly impressed with the way she expresses her opinions. This blog is as interesting to read as it is to look at and I highly recommend reading her blog on a daily basis.

Congratulations!


My next award goes to Hardest working blogger-Cynical Bastard. What can I say about the cynical bastard that hasn't already been said by almost every other blogger handing out awards? What trophy hasn't this man been awarded? What possible recognition is this man lacking? What accolade has this man been denied? Only one and now that oversight has been corrected. Seriously, I love the humor and the joy this man brings to the blogosphere. His mom is pretty cool too.

Congratulations!


My final award goes to Best Blog of the Year-Brokeass Weave. I love the writing on this blog. This girl presents a richly detailed world populated by vibrant and entertaining characters. Whenever I need a laugh to brighten my day this is the blog I visit. Please visit this amazing site and spend some time with Lurlene and her friends. Warning: This site is adult-in-yer-face-funny. Christian Conservatives should read only with a faith healer standing by.

Congratulations!


I hope you will display your award with pride. You earned it with your creative efforts.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pepper said...

Thank You. This has made my day. We are so sick of cold weather that we are going road tripping. Mom and I are going to jump in the car and find warmer weather. We just want to know that it is warm somewhere in the US. Now I am off to write about giving birth on giant toads.

December 30, 2007 9:46 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I am truly honored.

An Eddie!

I feel like I have accomplished all my life's goals now.

Well, except that "Blogger of the Year" Eddie.

I'll make a run at that one in 2008!

December 30, 2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

you dear sweet man you! thank you thank you! this is my first blog award ever...i think i am gonna cry!

December 30, 2007 10:08 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Skunked again!

Can't argue with your choices, though. Special congrats to wizened wizard her two consecutive wins.

Happy New Year, all!

December 31, 2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Dirk, you are so way cool. I mean like wow, ya know? This is awesome! Like, when I butied you in that pile of steaming horse manure, I like thought any Eddie chance was, like, you know, um, uh, zilch, zippo, pfft! out the window! But no!

Okay, enough lame attempts at humor...

Thank you, Dirk. I am flattered and delighted to receive another Eddie! I am in week #5 of a pinched sciatic nerve, spending my days flat on the living room floor in more pain than I'd wish on anyone. In this condition - and taking some pills that make me absolutely loopy - it's been hard to put a good face on my blog (which explains the current photo). Your recognition gives me a real lift, and I thank you. Wow!

December 31, 2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Hello there! I have always wanted to meet a genuine Bilingual Nuclear ornithologist!!!! Now I can say I have!!!

My Gramma alway said atomic radiation is for the birds! (But she never mentioned bilingual birds!)

December 31, 2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I would like to thank all the Little People--i.e., the two twin midget hookers--who distracted me from Blogging, and kept me from winning this award.

Thanks, Gidget and Bridget, I don't know if I could have not-accomplished-it without you.

December 31, 2007 1:24 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Mom and Dad will be so proud! thank you , thank you , thank you!
happy New years , sweetie.

January 01, 2008 1:45 PM  
Blogger hellakellz said...

oh wow, i didn't realise it was forrealzies! thanx dirk, keep on keepin' on!

January 04, 2008 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger