<

April 9, 2007

But do you still have to carry that cross?

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight a long time...


Sometimes even the smartest of people do the dumbest of things. Oftentimes those of us possessing the most average of intelligence do the stupidest of things. It begins with a single decision that only hindsight allows us to realize just how unthinking we were truly being at the moment we stepped off the precipice of reason and plunged into the abyss of stupid.

It is from deep in the cesspool of stupidity that I now reach out and ask for forgiveness. I acted poorly when I knew better. There is no excuse for my behavior and I will not further insult the intelligence of my readers by offering one up. I played the fool and I am now being made the fool. It is the penance I must pay for the sin of pride and arrogance. I am guilty of hubris.

There is one good thing to found in the waters of stupidity; humility. Only when you find yourself standing in the light of public humiliation because of your own actions can you begin to accept the healing of the soul that comes through humility.

Being crucified? It is indeed the most horrific of curses to suffer. It is painful to be railed at by those you believed to be your friends and it tears at the heart to be taunted by those whom you have never before encountered. Sometimes though it is exactly what a soul needs to be born again. Thank you butchieboy for the lesson well taught.

I sincerely apologize to both monster girl and butchieboy. I acted in ignorance and a complete lack of respect. You have both taught me a lesson that will truly remain with me for a very long time to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger DirkStar said...

Thanks for all the positive responses to this post.

Yes, I have not posted comments on this article.

Some are asking why.

It is because only two comments were important to me.

I'm glad for the content of those comments and I choose to keep them private.

April 10, 2007 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger