<

March 25, 2007

You can get anything you want...

A doorway leading to a
world of culinary imagination.

Bucca di Beppo’s interior is perhaps the largest restaurant space I’ve ever had the pleasure of exploring. The place is a cavernous maze of hallways, rooms, niches, and intimate corner nooks. Each space has been customized with a unique theme. You can dine with the pope, sit in a room sporting a ceiling of classic movie posters or enjoy lunch in a Bacchanalian celebration of wine.

Whenever Felicia and I are visiting Columbus, Ohio we make it a point to visit this establishment. The dishes are served family style, which simply means that food is served on large platters just like your mom would bring to the dinner table at home. Sharing is the order of the day at Buca di Beppo’s. You can take a group of friends to this restaurant, have everyone order a different dish and wind up enjoying a feast lasting for hours. (Trust me; this is not a dinning experience you’ll want to hurry.)


A cornucopia of color and
humorous treats for the eyes.


One of my favorite anti-pastas is the pan fried fresh mozzarella. Generous thick cuts of Mozzarella are lightly breaded and then fried quickly to preserve the texture of the cheese inside. The marinara sauce that accompanies the appetizer is garden fresh and adds a zesty kick to an already tasty dish. Follow this up with their Caesar salad and you have the perfect combination for a light lunch. I hope you are like Felicia and I when it comes to taste buds because the anchovy paste in this salad is wonderful.

The Penne Arrabbiata is one of my favorite entrees. This dish is spicy without searing the tongue. Crushed red peppers are served over pasta in a marinara sauce and topped with a spicy sausage. Tears may spring forth from your eyes but only in happiness and not as a result of overpowering heat.

Every room is unique and unusual.

A trip to Buca di Beppo’s would not be complete without a slice of their homemade cheesecake. I always order a cup of coffee and a slice after dinner even if I plan on boxing it up and taking it home for later. This is a dessert you may want to plan on sharing because they sure do serve you up a heaping helping of generosity when you order this tasty treat. Picture if you will the largest single serving of cheesecake you’ve ever seen swimming in raspberry sauce and topped with crushed hazelnuts. This is heaven on a plate with a side order of ecstasy.

If you are ever in Columbus, Ohio and looking for a superb dinning experience in an atmosphere of genuine Italian surroundings this is the place to go. This establishment is as much a feast for the eyes as it is for the belly. From start to finish Buca di Beppo's truly provides a quality culinary adventure. I would strongly recommend this fine eatery to anyone looking for a place to entertain friends or simply celebrate a special occasion like my wife and I did on our wedding anniversary.

Bon appetite!



17 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Jay tells me that there is one in Omaha, too, and it has a room dedicated to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Also, a Pope room. Does your have these rooms?

March 25, 2007 2:45 PM  
Blogger notfearingchange said...

Hey there,

You my dear have been listed as a blogger who makes me think on my blog - please go and check out the write up.

March 25, 2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger Bardouble29 said...

Now my mouth is watering and I want some cheese cake....yummmmyyy!

March 25, 2007 3:49 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

betty, yes!

I love the pope room and it always reflects the latest one.

How was your birthday?

notfearingchange, you are so sweet. Thank you.

bardouble29, you should see their portion size!

We are talking cheesecake on steroids.

March 25, 2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Wow that place looks cool!

Also I am very hungry now...

March 25, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

If you remind me in the years to come I will eat there. I really want to go to a lot of places and experience the world. Any suggestions would be cool.

March 25, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

There's a Bucca in Mayfield Heights Ohio too. (Near Cleveland). I'm a big fan of The Pope room as well. The head on the table has spooky eyes though, so I turn him away while I eat.

March 25, 2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

sounds divine! this post made me really hungry.... :)

March 25, 2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

it's eleven o'clock on a sunday night and you've just made me really, really, really hungry.
sooooooo, whatcha gonna do about it?
it's your fault after all..;)

March 25, 2007 10:03 PM  
Blogger Ozfemme said...

I just have to say it. It looks like a collective of interior decorators got together and....threw up.

Thanks for stopping by too!

Ozfemme

March 25, 2007 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeek. Stop. Please. Or mail me pizza.

It's the least you could do.

[Sigh. Resumes munching on stale bread and looking out window at crow sitting on a branch]

March 26, 2007 1:46 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I absolutely love the family-style dining! We have them here in Texas too. Enjoy!

March 26, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

Dang dude!!!!! It's really not nice to tease a girl with mental images of enormous slices of cheesecake like that!!! Esp. a girl who's second favorite dessert is cheesecake, who loves raspberries & hazelnuts.... Dang, you're just being mean, now!!! ;)

Looks like a lovely resteraunt. Glad you & Felicia are still getting out & having a good time as a couple, in the last few weeks before your family expands.

March 26, 2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Cool stuff.

March 26, 2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

This is definitely on my list of places to see and experience.

March 26, 2007 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel my arteries clogging as I read this post. But it sounds delicious.

March 28, 2007 9:07 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

many years back, i went with my father and family to one of these-in san francisco.
i was surprised and a bit saddened to learn that it was part of a chain, as it seemed so cool and original.
luckily, there are still a couple of authentic italian places in s.f., like when i was growing up.

March 28, 2007 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger