<

December 17, 2006

I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams...

"God rest ye merry gentlemen..."


Tonight a special thing happened to me. As I played with the wheel of blogs I clicked on a link and found myself visiting the site of a soldier in Bagdad. It was the first such blog I’ve ever encountered. His posts were warm, funny and filled with kindness.

It brought the reality of a good soul being stuck in the war in Iraq at Christmas time home to me in a very big way.

As I read through his blog I couldn’t help but notice how empty his comment stocking was. It made me sad.

So yeah, by now we all know the drill...

I’m betting there is a soldier in Iraq who’d sure be surprised if his blog lit up like a Christmas tree from some folks back home in the U.S.A. that he never expected to hear from. So, as of this moment operation "Desert Swarm" is now under way.

Let’s give a G.I. as much Christmas cheer as we can possibly muster. Greenery in Bagdad is the soldier’s blog. Go visit, and wish him and his buddy Cliff a very Merry Christmas.

It is the least we can do...

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger skeet said...

Mahalo for posting this, Dirk!

December 17, 2006 3:31 AM  
Blogger Cinderella said...

How sweet are you???????

I went over..thank you for sharing that..you have such a kind soul!

December 17, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Max and Me said...

i am totally there!

December 17, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Wandered over, left comment -- THANKS!!!!!

December 17, 2006 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, and a nice suprise for me (for many reasons).

Thank you, I'm headed that way now.

December 17, 2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

what a wonderful idea...of course I will..thanks for the suggestion!!! Merry Christmas my friend!!

December 17, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger KSHIPPYCHIC said...

The bestest idea!! I shall go over and join in the festivity as well! You are very kind Mr. Dirk!

December 17, 2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger russkal said...

Suddenly receiving tons of comments, even one coming all the way from Asia?

That guy is in one hell of a surprise, for sure.

Dirk, what'll we ever do without you?

December 17, 2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

You just get sweeter and sweeter.

December 17, 2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger DNR said...

Thanks for sending me to another great blog. You are THE man!!

December 17, 2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger Mone said...

Thank you for posting and spreading the word.

December 18, 2006 2:07 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I went on over there and said hello last night. And, I'll wander over there again this morning.

Good job Dirk!

December 18, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Angello said...

Hi.

This is very nice blog. Check my blogs:
http://donatecar-angello90.blogspot.com/
This one is about guitars and music
Check new videos =).
http://cookeryrecipes-angello90.blogspot.com/
On the other hand this one contains loads of tasty recipes because it is about cooking. Leave comment and don't forget to tell your friend about it =)

Bye. Kind Regards
Angello90
hit my ads =] pls

December 18, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

I mo' definitely will check his blog out. Thanks for telling your readers.

December 18, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

good one dirk, i went and thank you for letting me know where the site was..

December 18, 2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

You are such a neat person. I visited, I read, and posted. You find such great blogs. Thanks

December 19, 2006 12:41 AM  
Blogger Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Thank you so much for bringing Greenery in Bagdad to my attention (via Mary Ann at "A Place I Call Home"). I left him a message and will become a regular reader. I'm linking you - you are a very nice guy!!! Thanks :)

December 19, 2006 2:57 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I popped by his blog.

Dirk- you are one in a million <3

December 19, 2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger