<

December 8, 2006

When you wish upon a star...

"Your dreams come true."

Every now and then when I am in the process of moderating my comments I come across a phony entry that turns out to be nothing more than a sales pitch. Happily, that is not how I came to meet my very good new friend, Pixie.

Being new to this whole blogging experience, I figured that the best way to make new friends was to go out and visit other people’s sites. So I did. Man, I can’t even begin to tell you how many hours I spent at our host’s “wheel of blogs” clicking and visiting places all around the globe. Still, that is not how I met my new friend, Pixie.

As I whiled away the hours playing “wheel of blogs” every now and then I would land on a site that simply awed me with the "coolness" of its graphics. Every single time I’d find one of these artistic gems it had been designed by someone named, Pixie.

Green with envy, I hated these obviously rich S.O.B.’s for having the pockets deep enough to afford such wonderful artistic creations that graced their blogs. Yes, I was jealous! I admit it.

So, I went out into the local community of artists where I live and began price-shopping for my own hotrod graphics. It didn’t take long before I hated the obviously rich S.O.B.’s with the groovy graphics even more. Artists I talked with wanted pints of blood, body parts, sexual favors or my first born child in bondage and servitude for at least the first seven years of his/her life.

(There were even a handful of artists who requested all of the above.)

Heartbroken, I went back to playing, “wheel of blogs” and that’s when it happened; I clicked on a spinning blog name and landed in a site called, Retro Girl. Her graphics were smoking-hot. Yeah, it turned out to be yet another Pixie production.

Well, I just couldn’t take it anymore. I simply had to find out who this Pixie character was and just how bad she was robbing people to produce these wondrous pieces of blog-art for their site. So I clicked on the Pixie graphic and off I went to pay her a visit.

Sure the testimonials were glowing. “Pixie is so wonderful!” “Pixie is a friend to children.” Blah, blah and blah. Oh I was so ready to hate this Pixie creature. Then, an amazing thing happened. At first I thought it was a joke. Then I thought maybe it was the old “bait and switch” lure. Surely that price list was in error!

So, I sent her an inquiry email and that’s when the magic started.

She responded to my inquiry very quickly and in really nice tones. I thought it was just some kind of tricky sales ploy so I remained wary.

“Let me look over your site and I’ll see what I can do.” She said.

(Here comes the pitch for the big bucks I thought.)

Over the next few nights she performed the magic that is now my new blog graphics and was a joy to get to know and work with. I WAS STUNNED! She worked so hard and never complained when I asked for tweak after tweak. And, she never once asked for more money, even when she redid the entire layout!

I am not ashamed to say that I love the Pixie. She is a good friend to people with shallow pockets. She gives her very best effort to anyone who seeks her services. She will make your dreams come true. She did mine!

Go and say hello to her. Trust me; you have nothing to fear from this magical creature and everything to gain.

And, if you bug her enough, maybe she’ll make me a set of those groovy Christmas graphics...


Cough... Cough... After all, I am really sick.


Oh, I almost forgot! The Wham thing; Pixie loves those guys!





Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Has anyone ever told you what a kind and generous man you are?

I took a look at her portfolio and she does great work! Of course we had your site as proof already.

December 08, 2006 1:41 AM  
Blogger Max and Me said...

i will have to check her out! she has done such a wonderful job here on your blog! i am creating an autism website and i have people helping me now but in the future i just may need someone. thanks for finding her dirk!

December 08, 2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

It took me a little while to adjust to the new look (as I mentioned previously, every now and then my Ludite gene rears its head), but suddenly the image of Dorothy came to mind (you know, the point at which the movie changes from black and white to technicolor...): "Toto -- I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Which reminds me: I had a terrible dream last night...

December 08, 2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Oh Wow Dirk you make me blush- thank you you are one of the nicest guys around in blog world.

As for Wham! Nooooooooooo that was in my misguided youth honest. ;)

December 08, 2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Muhd Imran said...

Ooooh, nasty cough, hah?

Hope you get well very soon and write more of those intriguing stories.

Your blog is cool! No wonder I could not find any template so ingeniously themed so perfectly.

Worth every cent of your money, Bro! Have a good weekend!

December 08, 2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dirk_Star! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment. Anyone who has Frank Zappa for their profile photo has to be a pretty decent person! So, now I'm going to have to check out Pixie's site. Your blog has super cool graphics! I'm off to read more of your posts. Come back to visit my blog. :) Oh, and don't eat the yellow snow, okay?

December 08, 2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Spoke said...

Dirk, it's all been a terrible dream. The Reds are still in total power, Anne Frank you're not . Blogging hasn't been thought up yet and you've had this fever for months. Your wallet was never missing but they are watching you. In fact,your name isn't really Dirk after all. It's George.
Wake up my friend, take some Brandy...what day is it? What decade?
Pixies???

December 08, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Great blog!

Keep up the good work!!

Oh, and check out this way to make HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in real estate, investing only 23 hours a week (and the 401K plan that was going to keep you from eating Alpo when you're seventy!!)

December 08, 2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Pixie is so talented that I can even overlook her being a Wham fan.

December 08, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

Going out and visiting other people's blog is the only way to go. I love doing that. I also like when people comment on my blog. You should stop back by sometime.

December 08, 2006 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that at least SOME of it came back!!! I love you baby and can't wait for the weekend to start!

f ;D

December 08, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And thanks to your PIXIE pal, you're looking better, as well!

December 08, 2006 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened? You blog has gone all white! Did it get sick too?

I do love sci-fi and Firefly is my favorite followed by BSG (tonight's ep. looks like it's gonna be a good one). As far as books go Phillip K Dick is my favorite writer.

I am feeling the Christmas glow and you (along with the kind people who commented on my blog) have a lot to do with that. I can't thank you enough.

December 08, 2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Phats said...

Pixie Rocks My Socks! She is cool man

I had a comment just like you did it seemed real and I went to their blog and it was all real estate in Fla, wtf?! :)

Have a good weekend

December 09, 2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I THOUGHT things looked different around here! :)

December 10, 2006 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger