<

December 10, 2006

Happy Birthday, Meander!

"Warmest wishes from all of us."


Dear Meander:

Good morning and Happy Birthday. I’ve been thinking about what present to give you for the past few days. It was a bit difficult because you have already been blessed with so many gifts. You have been given beauty, a kind and gentle spirit, both creativity and intellect. Truly you have been graced with a bounty of God’s goodness.

With these gifts you have also been given an important responsibility. God has asked you to look after a very special child of his. This child has a vision that sometimes you cannot understand. That is okay, because it is to God that he speaks. And God understands clearly and loves him with all his heart. Just as you do.

God takes care of his children. You’ve got to believe this...

Your son will always be in the very best of hands, just as you are too.

So, my gift to you on this very special day is a message from He who watches over you. It was originally delivered by a kind and gentle soul named, Kahlil Gibran.

May it bring you peace and wash away any fears you may have of the future.


And a woman who held a baby against her

bosom said, Speak to us of children.

And he said:

Your children are not your children.

They are the sons and daughters of life’s

longing for itself.

They come through you but not from you,

And though they are with you, yet they be-

long not to you.

You may give them your love but not your

thoughts.

For they have their own thoughts.

You may house their bodies but not their

souls,

For their souls dwell in the house of tomor-

row, which you cannot visit, not even in your

dreams.

You may strive to be like them, but seek not

to make them like you.

For life goes not backward nor tarries with

yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children

as living arrows are sent forth.

The archer sees the mark upon the path of

the infinite, and He bends you with His might

that his arrows may go swift and far.

Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for

gladness;

For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so

He loves also the bow that is stable.


Happy Birthday from all of your new friends. We love you!

Labels: , , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Cinderella said...

It scares me to no end when I click on your pictures and I am taken to a place that would invade the boogie man's dreams..please put a warning on those pictures, I am a fragile gal =)

Happy Birthday Meander! You were very sweet to do this for her...

December 10, 2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Very well said.

December 10, 2006 1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Meander!

I hope you have a great day and may the next year be your best one yet.

December 10, 2006 1:09 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

"Many happy returns of the day!" said Pooh Bear.

December 10, 2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

What wonderful sentiments. I love Kahlil Gibran. My sisters use to read it all the time at special occassions. I hopy Meander has a fantastic Birthday, how could she not.

OBTW....I think I would like a Pita stuffed orea to please.....

Have a grand day!

Cheers!

December 10, 2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Zee said...

Nice present: Happy Birthday!

December 10, 2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger Max and Me said...

oooh WOW! THANK YOU!!! I had no idea you had done this! You are a real angel...you really are. I am getting all weepy here. Thank you for your friendship and for sharing all your wonderful friends with me. When I get up in the morning I rush to my blog to see you guys! You all have made this a very happy birthday indeed. sorry for gushing...

thank you.

December 10, 2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Nice post Dirk.

Happy Birthday Meander. You don't look 24.

December 10, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger russkal said...

Happy Birthday sweet Meander!

See now, I've gotten back from the bottomless pit just to greet you on your special day.

BTW, I featured you, Dirk and the Wizard on my comeback post. Be sure to check it out, will ya?

Thanks for linking me up Dirk. Now if only you can teach me how to post names with links like you do, then maybe I could call you an angel to.

December 10, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Beautiful. I have heard Sweet Honey in the Rock sing this and have always loved it, but you have taken the words and by giving them to Meander, given them an even greater meaning.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

December 10, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

Wow... What an incredible sentiment. Going on over to Meander's to wish her a (timely) birthday now.

December 10, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Max and Me said...

i love you guys!

that clown pic is downright terrifying!

December 10, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

Very nice, Dirk_Star...

December 10, 2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday from Catalonia! :)

December 10, 2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger skeet said...

What a wonderful tribute! But, yikes! now I'm not so comfortable with adding the other guy to my friends list!

December 10, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger magz said...

WOW! I fall off the planet for awhile and come back to find a whole new world here, nicely nicely awesummly done!
Happy B-day to yer friend, and man o man that Gibran hit the spot.. I had ta go off planet to catch up to my big teenage goofchild, and Kahil just reminded me what Mom-love is really all about.
I'll be back to catch up here, yer lookin waygood Dirk!

December 10, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Your blog is interesting. I welcome new visitors at my place too. And happy birthday today.

December 10, 2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

thanks for the visit and for signing my guest map! :)

December 10, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

I think I will meander over and say happy birthday. Keep posting, I really enjoy reading your blog.

December 10, 2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger