<

December 21, 2006

2006 Eddie Award Winners

2006 Eddie Awards


Winners may click on the Eddie Award at the top of the page and collect the code for your award. Simply copy the HTML code then paste it in your page or sidebar and the Eddie will be there for all the world to see.


Welcome to the first annual Eddie Awards presentation.

As the year 2006 draws to an end I wanted to acknowledge a few of the blogs that I believe go above and beyond the normal standard. Some of the awards are based on content, others on layout while others are based upon the characteristics of the people that post the blog.

My first award goes to Rookie of the Year-Midnight Oil. His post on the Philippines was a wonderful example of a beautifully designed posting. It was both informative and delightful to the eye. I look forward to seeing more of his work in the upcoming year.

Congratulations!

My second Award goes to Best Military Blog of the Year-Greenery in Bagdad. I’ve been visiting this blog almost daily since I first discovered it. His perspective is warm and filled with a genuine compassion. He is a great representative of our troops in Iraq. I wish him continued safety in the New Year!

Congratulations!

My third award goes to Best Travel Blog of the Year-Little House on Wheels. What is more interesting than two women stepping out in faith and wandering around America in a Recreational Vehicle? Pepper is a real example of doing it! I love reading about her adventure.

Congratulations!

My next award goes to Best Foreign Blog of the year-Passionate About Life. I love his gentle and kind spirit. If there is a more accepting and loving being in the world of bloggers I have yet to find him/her. His blog always makes me smile. He also has a way of making me learn something about the wonderful place he lives.

Congratulations!

My next award goes to Most Inspirational Blog of the Year-Whimsicalnbrainpan. The story of this woman and her journey back to physical and spiritual wholeness is purely amazing. Whenever I’m having a bad day, I go to her blog and discover just how good I have it in life and I quit my whining.

Congratulations!

My next award goes to Best Graphic Artist of the Year-Pixiels by Pixie. She designed my graphics and I couldn’t be happier with the job she did for me! She is a joy to work with and I love her to death.

Congratulations!

My next award goes to Best Nature Blog of the Year-Wizened Wizard. I can’t wait to see what is happening at the wizened wizard’s house each day. What is happening with the well? What creatures have wandered up to her doorstep and been captured by her camera lens? What are the rascally gnomes up to? She is one of my favorite people on the internet and she runs one of my favorite blogs.

Congratulations!

My final award goes to Best Blog of the Year-Home is Hell. This man makes me laugh like no other individual I know. His humor may not be for everyone, but he is pure comedic genius. Hail Satan! Please don’t change your evil ways.

Congratulations!


Failure to display Eddie Award may result in disqualification.

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

OMG! Thank you so much. I didn't expect this so I did not have anything prepared...

I would like to thank Windows XP and Adobe photoshop for making this all possible.
I would also like to thank photobucket, and of course my husband for putting up with me.

:)

Seriously Thanks Dirk you really are a starr in my book.

;)

December 21, 2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Wow! Thank you Dirk!

I am very honored and humbled to receive this award. While I write my blog for myself it wouldn't be what it is today if Dirk hadn't called attention to it a couple of weeks back.

Now I am writing and along with some old friends a wonderful audience of fellow bloggers who are very supportive and have become like family to me are reading it. It means a lot to me when you drop by my simple site and leave a comment.

I wouldn't have won this award if you hadn't found me in the first place Dirk, so thank you. Because of you I have met dozens of wonderful people around the world and my eyes have been opened to many wonderful things.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading your blogs.

Oh yeah, my post will be a little late today but I promise my usual Thursday post will be up sometime later this evening. I will also be a bit late dropping by your sites but I'll be there.

Merry Christmas!

December 21, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Very cool Dirk. I will have to spend some time reading each of those blogs this weekend. When I find a new one I like to go back and read through old posts too.

December 21, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

When I learned that this honor had been bestowed upon me, I got so excited that I took a DRINK!!! of the new well water!!! I threw caution to the wind and said "screw beaver fever, I'm gonna celebrate!!!" No kidding! When the world is your oyster, you take chances!

I would be remiss if I didn't give credit to all of those who have helped me along this twisted road that passes for Bloggerville's Main Street:
to Sigmund for his sweet companionship and for keeping the faeries under control;
to Bambi for his daily visits;
to Thumper for his ultimate sacrifice;
to Flower for his patience and cooperation in the Havahart trap;
to Wiley for communing with my husband. :O

I would also like to thank all of those who have come in through my door during the past many months (some who of course never came back out of it, but that's a story for another day...) - thank you from the heart of my bottom - I mean from the bottom of my wizard's heart. You honor the important work being done in the enchanted forest.

And last but not least, I would like to thank Dirk Star for being the first brave soul to see the light in the forest and come to investigate it. It is he who has made this Eddie a reality for me.

I hope that each of you will visit the wizened wizard often and continue to share my glimpses of life off the beaten path. There are true miracles happening daily all around me, and it is my delight to pass them on to you, dear readers and friends.

Thank you, and good night.

December 21, 2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Silly me I got so carried away that I forgot something.

Congratulations to the other award winners!

I couldn't be in better company.

December 21, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll check out your winners. Especially the soldier's.

December 21, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger skeet said...

These have all become favorites of mine in the last month or so, and I found them all through our mutual friend. I have been visiting each of you every day and it is always time well spent. Well, except fot that Satan guy. That's just time wasted, but, what can I say. I keep coming back for moreanyway, maybe because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Congratulations, my friends!

December 21, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

This is indeed an honor! I have never received an award before and I am so excited. Of course, none of this would be possible without my mother aka co pilot and my faithful companion of 15 years, Surely Not. Thank you Dirk for this honor. You are awesome. I am in such good company too.

December 21, 2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

I admit I like the dude, even if we don't get along. I hope that makes sense.

December 21, 2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Citymouse said...

I'll work harder next year

December 22, 2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger Crashdummie said...

I didn’t win? Omg, so I have to be one of those who has a smile plastered on my face, applauding and smiling for the winner, when I’m coursing inside… what is this, the Emmy’s?

PS. If you thought this would motivate me to do a better job for next award, think again.. I’m thinking of leaving the blog world for good – and it’s all you fault! (still feeling jolly and all christmasy hehehe)

December 22, 2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger DNR said...

Looks like I have 8 new blogs to check out this weekend.

Congratulations to all!!

December 22, 2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Well, well, well! The Devil has finallay gotten his due! I'm talking about you, Satan!

My hearty congratulations to all the other non-satanic winners - many of whom have been kind enough to visit my nameless, non-award winning blog.

Display your eddies with pride!

December 22, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger russkal said...

I am not a man of big speeches and designer tuxedos so I'll keep it short and sweet.

In behalf of all Midnight Creatures, let me say thank you from the bottom of our oil can.

I have a post especially written for this special occasion.

Rest assured, The Midnight Oil will keep on burning.

Merry Christmas everyone!

December 22, 2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

you seemed to have picked some good blog.

December 23, 2006 4:51 AM  
Blogger Satan said...

this is the best thing that has happened to me in many centuries

it has really been rough being lord of the underworld these past few hundred years

losing that fiddle playing contest to that little shit from georgia really took a lot out of me

so i really appreciate this much needed boost to my self esteem

most of you minions dont realize how hard it is to always be compared to god and shit

people thank him all the time

do they ever stop to thank me for the good shit i provide

rarely

and this is one of those very rare occasions

i have proudly displayed my eddie

and now you may all bow to me or i will bring the fury of hell upon you like never before

December 23, 2006 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger