<

September 6, 2007

Well its my birthday too yeah...

Birthday Goodies?

Oh I do love surprises! Imagine how thrilled I was when I walked up on the front porch after a long day of shopping for Roller Derby props and discovered a small brown package sitting by the mailbox. At first glance I thought it was the copper bell with clapper I’d ordered from Amazon.com. As a matter of act I was so excited I raced inside with the box and started opening it up without even looking to see who it was from.

As I began removing packing peanuts from inside the box the first item I encountered was a small stuffed animal in the shape of a horse. Expecting a cowbell I was a little confused and quite frankly I wondered just what the heck a stuffed animal was doing in my package. Well, I thought I’d figure it all out once I found the expected cowbell and the inevitable packing slip that always accompanies a U.P.S. shipment so I continued digging through the Styrofoam packing.

Imagine my further surprise when I came across a pair of house slippers with the phrase “Born to Be Wild’ emblazoned across the front of each shoe. My first thought of course was that someone knows my tastes quite well. I tried them on immediately and they were a bit snug, but I figure if I wear them for awhile they’ll loosen up and fit just fine. As you can tell from the picture they’re a pretty snazzy pair of slippers.

Last but not least the box contained a tin of candy from Church Hill Downs. That’s when it finally dawned on me and I figured out what was going on; someone had figured out it was my birthday and had sent me a present. I searched the rest of the box and didn’t find a birthday card or a packing slip so I turned the flaps of the box back over to see if there was a return address on the box top. Sure enough the mystery was solved and it turned out that my very good friend, Pepper had sent me a birthday gift.

Pepper, the house slippers look wonderful on me and you couldn’t have picked out better colors or style. I am also in love with the little stuffed horse but how did you know my Chinese horoscope sign was the Year of the Horse? I’m very impressed. The candy from Church Hill downs is very tasty too. Thank you so very much!

I did have one question though. The package is addressed to Dirk, Felicia and Micah, but as hard as I looked through the box I didn’t find anything for either one of them. Oh well, their goodies must have got lost in the mail.

Thank you Pepper and Jane; I’m going to ask my Mormon wife if she’ll let me add the two of you to the family.

Okay people, Pepper has set the bar pretty high and I'm sure you'll all be wanting to shower me with equally wonderful gifts.

Oh, this is going to be my bestest birthday ever! I can just feel it.



21 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

This is your present: Happy Birthday. lol

September 07, 2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

betty - Uh, you could at least have "rapped" it...

He-he...

September 07, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

Glad you received it. I bet those slippers look great on you. Micah is probably so jealous and demanding that you get him a pair. lol

I said in an earlier post that you haven't tasted real candy until you have eaten Ruth Hunt's cream candy. Granddaddy and I used to walk to the Ruth Hunt's whenever I would visit. ENJOY

September 07, 2007 4:25 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Happy Birthday dude!

And many more!

September 07, 2007 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY YOU!

YES YOU!

Happy Belated Birthday ;) best wishes, and many more!

September 09, 2007 12:26 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Hope you had a great day, those little slippers are so cute!

Lucky you! =)

September 09, 2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

I am having a series of pizzas delivered to your house.

Be sure to tip the man...

September 10, 2007 6:38 AM  
Blogger Citymouse said...

Happy Birthday!!! (sorry im late, is there any cake left over?)

September 10, 2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Ripple said...

Hey, if you all actually read the post, I think Dirk's birthday is on the 24th so there's still time.

Chicks....need I say more?

September 10, 2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

paul f - Again, thank you good sir for your powers of observation.

Everyone keeps leaving me belated birthday greetings.

My birthday is still weeks away...

I've been so depressed I can't even bring myself to post.

September 10, 2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Depressed? Oh, no! Hope it's nothing serious. Let us know what's wrong, Dirk.

'Til then, best wishes!

(Honest!)

September 10, 2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger Ripple said...

I'm sorry, Dirk, I know what you mean. I've been in a little funk myself, but not because of birthday stuff. I'll send you a birthday card.

September 10, 2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to! You would cry too if it happened to you!"

You know, if you were a mountain man life would be ever tougher: you'd have to figure out the high altitude directions for the cake mix. So cheer up and get ready to celebrate! Old is better than the alternative!

September 10, 2007 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul F, you meant if we all read the PREVIOUS post, posted three days before... which makes that one birthd date detail easy to forget... Dirk you are triksy!

I sure read THIS post and I really thought his birthday had passed LOL!

Sigh, I will mark the correct date down somewhere in my brain and I will be back for another round of birthday wishes!

September 11, 2007 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, dirk!
One thing you'll find out is that now that you have a child, you have twice as many birthdays! Every time the kid gets a year older you'll feel older, too! Yay! Twice the fun!

September 11, 2007 8:26 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Hey, how can you mention "copper bell with clapper" and not show a picture? Immediately envision a cow bell around a cow's neck and you standing on the porch of a farmhouse clappin' your cattle to meal-time! :)

Hope the Mica is well. ;) By the way, how you pronounce Mica?

September 12, 2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Oh! And happy Birthday!

September 12, 2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Where does one shop for Roller Derby props?

That sounds like a niche franchising opportunity that I would like to get in on...

September 12, 2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger Ripple said...

I rest my case..... ha ha ha! birthday! birthday! birthday!

September 12, 2007 1:46 PM  
Blogger Philip. said...

A belated happy birthday :-)

September 14, 2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger DNR said...

Happy very belated birthday!!

September 24, 2007 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger