<

August 29, 2007

So live and let die...

You ain't so tough...

I was in the midst of doing dishes when I looked through the kitchen window above the sink and saw a sight that sent me running for the digital camera. The fly was surely thinking how lucky he was to be a housefly and the grasshopper was probably thinking, “So close and yet so far.” It was an awesome moment and I’m glad I got to capture it on film. Sometimes the difference between life and death is as tenuous as being on the right side of a pane of glass.


"Hey ,mom, can we watch Rug Rats again?"

For those who have requested some pictures of the little one I offer up this picture of him in the television room looking more entertaining than any reality show you care to name. My gosh he is just getting cuter with every passing day. You all had best be hiding your daughters because he is going to be a real lady killer.


"Yeah, I'm loving this..."

Micah is now eating his first solid foods. The doctor finally cleared him to begin eating rice cereal and the boy really seems to like it. I just can’t believe how much he’s grown in the four months since he’s been with us. I love him so very much and his momma even more so for bringing such a wonderful miracle into our lives.

Well, that about wraps it up for today. The summer is drawing to a close and winter will soon be upon us. I’m sure we'll all have much to blog about in the cold months ahead and I can hardly wait to read the stories you have to tell.

Peace and prosperity be to you all...


21 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Micah appears to be a keeper. What a cutie! He could be a gnome... ; )

BTW, nice to see you back in Bloggerville. Your comment about winter coming is right on - now is BUSY, but eventually, when the cold winds blow, we'll all have a bit more time to blog.

August 29, 2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

awww what a cutie pie! makes me want to have another one...hey wait a minute...who said that?

winter? it is still so hot...i can't imagine cold weather yet. sounds nice.

August 29, 2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Ahhhhhhhhh....what a sweet and gorgeous little man. And,look! He eats just like you do!!!!!!

August 29, 2007 8:32 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

aileen - What do mean he eats just like me?

I'd never use a bib!

August 29, 2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

He is such a cutie. I am happy to hear that he enjoys his cereal.

Great pictures of the insects. Besides taking photographs of cemeteries, I also like my bug pictures.

August 30, 2007 12:17 AM  
Blogger Clarice Starling said...

Seems as though the cutie felt sort of sick - Must have been he heard that idiotic crap coming from the Chimpy Cowboy down in New Orleans?

Keep the pics of the wee one coming!

August 30, 2007 1:23 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

That's a pretty good looking kid there. I mean, for a kid and all. Babies aren't really my thing. I'm not much of a kid person. But they loooooooooove me for some reason.

Winter is coming? Wait! We have to have fall first. And I know fall is coming cause college football season kicks off this weekend!

August 30, 2007 9:35 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

LOL Definitely a cutie!!! But, I can definitely say I'm not worried about him breakin my daughter's heart. She's just a couple of years shy of old enough to baby-sit. *grin* Gonna have to find some other girls for your boy to flirt with. *wink*

I love that wide-eyed curious look on his face. You can tell he's as inquisitive as his daddy!

August 30, 2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

The "Awwwwww...."-factor in these photos is just--well--Awwwwww-some.

August 30, 2007 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love momma and babe pics. Half of the pics of me and my first babe I looked like a zombie.

August 30, 2007 1:29 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

See what'll happen when you read aloud from Uncle Craig's blog to young Micah?

URP!

August 30, 2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

First...thanks for the visit and for your kind comments....has it been 4 months already...oh my gosh....look at your little man...he is darling.....I know your are treasuring these moments that is good because they don't last long....

August 30, 2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

Micah is a cute little guy! What fun you are going to have with him! Every age is the greatest age with your children.

August 30, 2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

That kid is a looker.

August 30, 2007 3:57 PM  
Blogger Ripple said...

How about live and let linger?

August 30, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Citymouse said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful boy!

August 31, 2007 8:11 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

Table manners aside, he is a cutie.

August 31, 2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger C-dell said...

Great analogy with the hopper and fly.

August 31, 2007 8:30 PM  
Blogger Muhd Imran said...

One good-looking baby!

The many wonderful things when a child brings in to the family.

September 01, 2007 9:45 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

Dirk. I don't know if you've seen this: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ or not, but it ties back to what you were talking about a couple of weeks back (though their dates are different from the dates I've seen elsewhere & that you posted). I just posted a link on my blog as well. Check it out. It's a long view, and whether one believes everything espoused or not, it's very, very increadibly thought provoking. I think you'll appreciate it. Heck, I've read enough of your posts to be almost 100% certain you'll appreciate it.

Blessings.

September 02, 2007 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, your little guy is so cute! I hope he works out his little eating problems before meeting the girls.

September 17, 2007 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger