<

December 26, 2006

I'm gonna wait for the midnight hour...

Welcome to Eddie Central.


Thanks go out to my wife for the new digital camera. I’m still reading the manual and trying to figure out all the features so bear with me for day or two. So, that’s my work station. When the late night hours come washing across the time stream that’s where you’ll find me finding you.

How was Christmas for everyone? My wife and I had a very warm and happy holiday and now she’s off work for the next week so we’re going to finish the baby’s nursery.

(I’ll be sure to post some before and after photos.)


Over the holiday break I took the time to revisit a few of the blogs I’ve been keeping an eye on this year. One of the nicest sites that I’ve been watching is called, Read This Sign. It is the personal blog of a woman who goes by the screen name of Sign Gurl.

I first came into contact with her around the Ohio St. vs. Michigan football game. Although we only posted once or twice I wanted to keep an eye on her and see how things progressed with her gastric bypass surgery. According to her blog the surgery was in October, 2006.

Since then she has experienced a number of ups and downs. Most of the downs have been supplied by family members. See her Thanksgiving post and you’ll see what I mean. The up moments have come about as a result of her loving daughters and Mr. Sign’s ceaseless support of her efforts.

What impresses me the most about Sign Gurl is her gracious spirit and loving nature. I think these are two of the most beautiful qualities she possesses. This woman is sensitive, loving and a wonderful mixture of devilishness and naiveté. I adore her posts.

One in particular made me embrace her into my heart and filled me with the desire to introduce her to our little family; "A Daring HNT Return." Her shy eyes and tentative smile warmed my soul. The photos are enduring, but it is the spirit enfusing her that makes them beautiful.

Mr. Sign is going in for the gastric bypass surgery on Thursday and Sign Gurl has asked for our prayers. I’d like to extend the hand of friendship as well as our prayers. Please visit her and introduce yourselves to a woman I hope becomes the newest member of our little band of gypsies. Sign Gurl, you are beautiful and wonderful in so many ways, I hope you bless each of us with your sweet story in the new year to come. Please, go read this sign.

I’m pulling for you Mr. Sign!

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Your unparalleled acts of Blogciprocity truly personify the spirit of the holidays.

December 26, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Cinderella said...

I think you could be a modern day Saint Nick or something, you are just way to sweet!

I am so happy you received a digital camera, now we get a chance to see into your world (Insert scary music here) hehe

I love your desk...it's shagadelic! =)

December 26, 2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

How do you find all these great blogs, Dirk? This one is going to be very interesting.

December 26, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I feel so honored! Thank you for taking the time to write this. Support, no matter where it comes from means so much.

Happy Holidays, Dirk Star!

December 26, 2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

I have digital camera. I didn't get it for christmas. I am taking pics and I plan on doing a post showing my holiday off from college. My laptop is my blog center. I will pray for Mr. Sign

See you when I see you peace.

December 26, 2006 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine the new camera will help yield even more delightful Dirkified posts in the year to come- looking forward to it!
(Watch out where the huskies go....)

December 27, 2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger Bardouble29 said...

pnDirk, I have read your blog a few times, but never commented...now I want to say I admire the way you encourage your fellow bloggers. For many it is hard to share personal experience with others, but this medium gives all the chance to express, without condemnation. I enjoyed reading your awards blog and look forwarding reading more of them.

December 27, 2006 12:52 AM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Still out of town but I'll be back home Wednesday afternoon and catching up with everyone later that night.

Took a quick peek at her blog though and I'll be back to read more. Thanks for pointing out another good one.

I've missed you and the rest of the family and will see you all soon.

December 27, 2006 2:15 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Ah, so that's dirk_star central! Schweet!

I've been by signgurl's blog - thanks for the link!

Now, can you help solve the mystery of the Christmas cookies?

December 27, 2006 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh! Blow up the photo and your credit card number and list of passwords are clearly visible! I am, therefore I shop!!!

Sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 27, 2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Welcome back! I love your central command center :)

December 27, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Don't worry - I've reined him in. The holiday season sometimes brings out the worst in those teenaged gnomes...

December 27, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Dirk, I came here from Sign's blog. I have to thank you too for supporting her. She's so worth it.

Congrats on your new camera!

Nice blog, dude. Hope you don't mind if I visit again.

December 27, 2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger Pink Icing said...

Off in search right now.......

December 27, 2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Crashdummie said...

Ay Ay Captain! I'll check that blog out right away.

Happy Holidays Dirk!

December 27, 2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger DNR said...

Yet another blog I will be reading regularly. I too must know how you find so many real sites… Thanks again.

“Dirk Central” is excellent!! I especially like the denim shirt with the patches and the skull on the shelf. Any one I know? LOL

I did not intend to raise your dander. I only hope to raise awareness and with any luck make some one think about what they do before they do it.

Good luck to both Mr and Mrs Sign. I know 2 people who have successfully been through this. My prayers and thought are with you both.

December 27, 2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger russkal said...

Dude, you room rocks! Where'd you get that neon guitar thingy? I wanna have one!

I remember when I used to have pages of the Thrasher magazine plastered all over my wall (I was a skateboarder, mind you), a hanging electric guitar and skateboard on display and KISS action figures on the shelf and my mom would walk in and think that I'm being possessed because of all the stuff in my room! Haha.

Now I'm more tamed. Guess the domestic life is getting on me.

Been to the Signs. Thanks for the heads up.

December 27, 2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Yet another Merry Christmas! Two years ago I got a digital camera - this year? A vacuum cleaner. Gah.

December 28, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger skeet said...

Hm! I thought I posted before, but either you haven't had a chance to moderate yet or I just thought about posting, lol.

I love your officeplayroom it's sooooo you! Still, I dont think I could get anything done in a plce like that. Way overstimulated I would be!

Thanks for the intro to yeat another fine blog. Good stuff.

December 28, 2006 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger