<

March 28, 2009

What are words for?


Micah putting on a signing demonstration.

Having taught Micah sign language has proven its worth time and time again. Its certainly nice to have a form of communication that allows him to express his needs without tearful bouts of frustration. Micah can sign cookie, banana, cereal, apple or any number of food items. It's nice to know what he wants, when he wants it, and not have to spend a lot of wasted time trying to guess what he wants in the refrigerator or cupboard. He's just as prolific when it comes to signing for beverages too. I love being able to communicate with him and watching him sign fills me with such joyful wonder. If Felicia and I hadn't taught him this skill I'd never have believed that infants and toddlers were capable of such a feat.

I love my little man. he is the best thing (Along with his momma.) that's ever happened to me. I know I don't blog as much as I used to, but it is awfully hard to spend time doing anything other than watching him grow. Can you understand?

13 Comments:

Blogger Craig D said...

"I know I don't blog as much as I used to, but it is awfully hard to spend time doing anything other than watching him grow. Can you understand?"

YES!

March 30, 2009 9:36 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Dang--they grow up so fast!

Forget blogging, as you have figured out there are more important things...

March 30, 2009 12:52 PM  
Blogger Pepper McKean said...

I can understand. Every second there is always something new and you just don't want to miss it.

April 02, 2009 9:50 AM  
Blogger Ripple said...

If you don't watch him grow, he might end up like me. So, yes, I do understand.

April 08, 2009 12:00 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

awww I can totally understand! These are such wonderful years and they go by so quickly...seems like a cliche to say but so true. You sound really good! I am happy for you.

April 24, 2009 6:35 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

He's getting so big! :) I had the same thought about my own not too long ago. *sigh* Time does fly.

May 12, 2009 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa- I spend a little time away and Micah went from baby to full blown toddler!
Amazing.
My son stuttered and had other speech difficulties when he was little. I always wondering if sign should have been the way to go for him at the time.
Alls well that ends well, though. He's just fine, now. He'll never be a D.J. but he gets by.
It so fascinating to get that tiny glimpse into what is inside their little brains at that early age!
Mostly eating, I guess! :)

June 04, 2009 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely!!!

June 06, 2009 10:48 AM  
Blogger AfKaP said...

Miss your post!! Micah is SO big now! Wow!

June 19, 2009 2:19 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

WOW I have been gone for a long time last time I was on here your son was just a baby now look how big he is

June 23, 2009 7:47 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

hey.... Thought I saw you on Facebook.... If you are, look me up.... Kati Armbruster in Central Alaska. Would love to add you to my friends list.

November 05, 2009 2:53 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

It's been ages since I have stopped by for a visit and I see that your little man has grown so much...and I also see that this post of him is from the spring so he is even that much bigger now....

I am so intrigued in how you taught him to sign...what a wonderful thing to do...how or why did you opt for this as a form of communication? Most importantly who knew sign to begin with? What a great thing you have taught you son....

November 12, 2009 12:24 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

The best days of my life were those spent in the company of this little boy.

I love him with all of my heart.

January 22, 2011 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger