<

January 15, 2009

Put your hat on...

Sometimes you wake up and it's just silly hat day...


He's to the age where I never really know just exactly what he'll do from one minute to the next. One thing I do know however is that I really like his style. He woke me up, he pointed and pointed until I got the point and the next thing I knew, it was silly hat day. He is the most wonderful thing, (along with his mama) that ever came into my life. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry with such joy and he fills me with eager anticipation of what he'll learn each and every day.

I'm so glad he'll never know the horror of being educated in a school run by the likes of hate filled minds like Hezbollah or Hamas. I'm so glad he'll never grow up believing in Jihad. I'm so glad he'll grow up with an open mind free of the poison of the teachings of Allah.

I'm so glad he'll learn to settle disagreements with his neighbors without rockets or acts of terrorism.

I'm so glad he's being raised as a little boy instead of a little soldier whose only purpose is to fight and die for a cause no greater than ignorant prejudice.


3 Comments:

Blogger Citymouse said...

Ya never know what will happen, but I'd rather be here than there.

January 19, 2009 9:29 PM  
Blogger Redroach said...

Looks like I am going to have to have a hat day at my house.
Silly Hats make the world feel soo much better

TV

January 21, 2009 12:32 PM  
Blogger Pepper McKean said...

Silly Hat Day!

The saddest part of being a grandmother is the feeling of helplessness. I shelled out $10,000 (goodbye retirement fund) so Rusty (my son) could legally get custody of his daughter three years ago, I think or was it two? I will admit that he was not capable of parenting Isabel at that time but it sure beat the living situation she was in. He has become a better parent. With Isabel's situation he probably is a better parent than most. When she was finally was allowed in Kindergarten, she became an all day student. The school is providing speech, occupational, physical therapy plus psychiatric counseling. Then she has the same after school five days a week.

Rusty has "Silly Book" night. He reads to her every night and the subject matter has to be silly. He fills her free time with silliness because daily life isn't.

Silliness is good.

A mother saying she doesn't want to be a mom isn't.

Isabel is doing great and improving. She is a totally different child.

February 03, 2009 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger