<

March 16, 2008

Wooden ships on the horizon...

Did you say, join me on the poop deck?

Four years ago the winds of fate turned to my favor and Felicia came sailing into my life like a gentle and loving breeze. Since the very first day of our journey together across the sea of life our love has been carried into any number of new and exotic ports and harbors by the currents of destiny. Some of the places we’ve visited have warmed our souls like a tropical sunrise on a quiet pacific ocean. We have weathered storms and survived sudden swells of adversity that nearly threatened to overwhelm our tiny boat and send us sinking to the bottom of the waters of adversity where a muddy graveyard of broken relationships awaited us. We have been mariners set upon an odyssey of discovery by a guiding hand whose purpose we may never fully understand. She is my first mate and she keeps me on course and safely guides me through the shoals and eddies of my daily life.

Felicia is the sextant by which I plot my course by the stars through the night and the moral compass that guides me to the safest of harbors. Without her I would be adrift and alone. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, she is more of a treasure than this old salt deserves. What did I ever do to be so blessed?

Four years ago the sun came up over the horizon of my loneliness and a stillness came to the waters of my soul that I’ve never known before. Felicia cleanses the salty brine from my pirate’s soul on a daily basis and brings me closer to the divine hand that has quietly stayed my course throughout my adventurous and buccaneer life. With the help of Felicia’s loving tenderness I have come to look forward to the day I visit my final port of call with a sense of peace and dignity. Someday when I stand before the great harbor master and I am asked what I have to show for my journey I shall turn and point to the two treasures that in the end have made my life worthwhile and of value, my lovely wife Felicia and Micah our wonderful son. They are more than I could ever have hoped for and the greatest gifts I could ever wish to share with the almighty.

Happy anniversary my love...

And thank you for putting up with this Black Beard of a soul. You and your endless love are making me a much better man than I ever believed I could or would be.



14 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

What a lovely tribute. Happy Anniversary to you both.

March 16, 2008 11:46 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

Awwww!!! that's a GREAT wedding pic!! (or, is that an anniversary pic?? Either way!) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both, and I wish you many, many more loving anniversaries together (and the health required to SEE them)!!!

March 16, 2008 12:53 PM  
Blogger Minnesotablue said...

Ah how sweet is that? Happy Anniversary to you both

March 16, 2008 4:24 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

What happened to my comment? I posted it yesterday, did blogger eat it?

March 16, 2008 11:45 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

This post warms my heart. Love is wonderful, sharing life with someone you love is a blessing, and the romantic public expression of how much Felicia means to you is just darned beautiful.

Happy anniversary to you both, and may your years together be many and blessed ~

Wiz

March 17, 2008 6:31 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Ready about........
Helms'a'lee........
Smartly on that jib sheet sailor.

Happy Annniversary mate.....

March 17, 2008 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Happy Days to you both.

March 17, 2008 12:15 PM  
Blogger Doc said...

Happy Anniversary to you and the Misses.... and from what I have seen you needed a sextant to guide your voyages Dirk... ;-)

March 17, 2008 3:01 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

:-)

March 17, 2008 7:33 PM  
Blogger You can Call me AL said...

Happy Anniversary! Wonderful heartfelt tribute of your love to your family.

March 17, 2008 7:52 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

i just went through a box of kleenex over this post! love is in the air and you are hoggin it all!
congrats you two love birds you!

March 17, 2008 9:38 PM  
Blogger Citymouse said...

like kati said... awwwwww
may life continue to be a wonderful adventure

March 17, 2008 9:53 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

That was a pretty nice tribute there man.

Happy Anniversary you two!

March 17, 2008 10:22 PM  
Blogger Pepper said...

Darn my comment was eaten.

Dirk and Felicia I wish you many more years. You are a truly beautiful couple. Wish there were more like you two in this world.

March 19, 2008 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Profile

* * * *
My personality type?
ENTJ






Friends and Neighbors.





Blog Directory & Search engine



C-List Blogger



Blogarama - The Blog Directory









Page by Pixie

Powered by Blogger